Sunday, February 13, 2011

The journal continued...


The next x7 bit

Mum stayed tonight.  I know, because I think I had something funny to eat and got sick a lot during the night. It surely couldn't have been the cake. Maybe we should let the kitchen know.  We don't want other guests getting sick too. Mum doesn't seem seem to want to get sick and she is changing my clothes and cleaning me up wearing the same gloves the white coats, blue uniforms, red & white stripes and green tops wear.  Mum and dad even wear those gloves when they change my nappies now!




Mum woke me up at a reasonable hour in the morning anyway. A good breakfast. And it stayed down which helps. 

So I have had this itch in my nose since my blurry dinner last night. It feels like there is a tube that runs from my nose, sticky taped to my face, behind my ear and down my back. Not sure what that is about.  I remember mum and dad chatting to the uniforms about a tube going straight to my tummy so I can draw without stopping to eat, but surely that would go into my mouth and not my nose?  Weird.

Granddad! Yay!  I love my granddad.  We haven't spent too much time together, but I love it when he is around.  He likes to just sit and play with me on the floor.  Not many big people are happy to sit on the floor and play.  They only seem to like holding me up.  I am more comfortable on the floor. Granddad also makes for a good climbing gym. 

The day has been rather fun.  I have spent a lot of the time driving up and down the corridors in some of the very cool cars they have here.  There is a red formula one car which has a number of different beeping sounds on the steering wheel. A police car which must have lost a door in a real car chase. Two cars like the ones in shopping malls, you know, the red ones with the yellow roof. What's so cool is mum and dad don't even have to leave a deposit when I drive them.  And they are always there.  The only problem is I don't get to drive them out of the big doors.

Yay, granny and dad are here! WOOHOO!!!  KAYLA is here!!!  Ah! I tell you what, it is so great to see my big sister! Kayla must be all better now. Bet she is jealous she has missed out staying here! I can't wait to show her around!

OK, everyone is preparing to leave.  We are we going now? Nowhere apparently. Dad and I are left behind. :( Dad gives me my bottle. I don't mind too much, as I am pretty tired anyway. I love my bottle. I think I get that from dad. He loves his bottle too. 

The next x8 bit

So life in the hotel is getting pretty good these days.  The staff are all so much friendlier. No more sticking me with anything sharp. And no more yukkie stuff in my mouth.  Things are looking up.  I still have bags of water and bags of red or orange juice coming into me.  But instead of going into the taps in my hands, feet or arms, the tubes go straight into the tubes that come from my chest.  Now I am even quite happy to let them hold my friend lamby. 


There are some bags of juice that are quite odd looking.  They don't even look like bags, but they hang on the same coat hook above the beep machines. They have a black bag thing around them, but the juice looks clear like water. When the blue uniforms come in with these ones, they are dressed like bee keepers. Like bee keepers who REALLY do not want to be stung by bees!

I keep forgetting to ask about the pea under my mattress.  I feel like I am sleeping quite well, but am very tired during the day.  I think the word is fatigue. Also, I think they could be shooting the new season of Hell's Kitchen here as I seem to have gone off my food.  In fact, most things solid are making me choke. Somebody should let Gordon Ramsay know. Maybe that's where the different coloured outfits come in! Hell's Kitchen World Cup!  I might be onto something here. I wonder if dad is taking part. He does love cooking, but his food would never make me choke.

The best part about this holiday is I have either mum, dad, granny or granddad here, ALL of the time. The worst part is that my big sister must be too ill to join us.  I do hope she gets better soon!

My throat has started getting really sore.  I hope I am not getting sick too. That's all mum and dad need. I know they stress when I am sick. If only I could order some of dad's mash with garlic. He always says garlic is natures medicine. Mum can't stand it when he gives me garlic though. She says my breath smells. How rude.

I wonder what this coming week holds? I know it is mum's birthday. Maybe I will draw her a pretty picture. Dad has also been trying to teach me a song.  That will be a nice surprise for her.

TBC

6 comments:

  1. Wow Charlie Rose, Gary and Thora here, what a big journey you are taking and what a brave girl you are, your Mum and Dad must be so proud of you. We are watching your progress from afar daily with positive anticipation, so thank you for sharing your story with us on this blog. We are sending you as many encouraging waves as we can muster, to you, from our seas to yours. With tons of love, Gary and Thora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charley-Rose, finally I get to talk to you... I have missed our play dates so much! And, my 1st birthday party was just not he same without you. I can't wait to show you my new toys though, we'll have such fun playing! That hotel must be something really special, wish I could race on those cars with you. Mom is yelling for me so I must go. Miss you and I'll write soon. Sending you all my love and positive power, Connor Ray xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charley, Mummy here! Hear you had a good night, I hope Dad slept too.. Just to let you know that MORE flowers arrived - a lovely rose bush from Gav & Al. So we have anonymous yellow roses,pink roses from Trish & yr new roses - also pink! I'll get Granny to care for them for you.
    Happy Valentines sweet pea.. See you soon!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad here...the yellow roses were from Connor Ray McManus (I think) He jumped the gun on Valentines day...trying to sneak past Charley's dad...the nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats my boy... My job here is done.
    Well done Connor, well done Connor, you're Daddy's clever boy!
    Sing it with me Charley-Rose... Yeah...
    There's that beautiful smile, miss you special girl, hope to see you soon!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete