Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recovery block 1

The next x 13 bit

Life is getting better for me it seems.  Bee keepers are long gone. I still don't quite feel like eating much.  I have had good fun playing with my food though.  I don't really like jelly at the best of times. In fact, I distinctly remember dad and grandad giving me jelly for the first time last summer.  They thought it was hysterical to feed me this new wobbly textured food which was sour lemon and lime flavoured. They were too slow in whipping out the camera to capture my facial expressions and I swiftly refused a second mouthful.  Anyway, not that I have given jelly a second chance, but I do quite enjoy teasing them with it.  I take the spoon, act as though I am going to eat it, and then fling it all over the room.  Like I said in an earlier post, I think mum and dad are lowering their standards as I am getting away with murderous behaviour here!


So for the best part, my food intake has been bottles, or the hanging bottles which go into my nose tube. I heard the lady who talks about food tell dad that I will even get my own coat hook and beep machine delivered to our house in case I need it when we get home. Dad thought she was being a premature as we have only been here two weeks and apparently we are staying here for six months. I think Kayla will love having a real life coat hook and beep machine to play with!  I guess it will give her good practice for when she works at this hotel one day.

Kayla has come to visit quite a lot this week as she is on half term. I have really enjoyed having her around.  So have the other children here. She has been running riot with them. If only I could keep up. Gaelic football is definitely the order of the day in these corridors!

The next bit x 14


Today has been quite strange.  

The first strange thing is that I have not eaten in about 4 days.  I know that is strange in its own right, but then why did I wake up this morning and get sick on myself and dad?  Surely my food poisoning theory goes out the window?

Next bit of strangeness. I overheard mum telling dad yesterday morning on the phone that my hair had started falling out.  Now I know what hair is, and I know where my head is.  When I heard mum say that, I thought she was being silly as I combed my fingers through my hair and I could feel my hair was ALL there! This morning however, dad was wearing a dark blue t-shirt. Everytime he carried me somewhere and I rested my head in his arms or on his chest, there would be a patch of my gorgeous blonde hair left on his shirt!  FOR BARNEY's SAKE! I am not a shedding cat!

The final bit of strange today. I was happily painting in the playroom when dad looked at me slightly aghast. I had red stuff coming from my nose. Dad called one of the blue uniforms to come and have a look at the tube which goes into my nose.  I got a bit upset as I thought they might hold me down again.  This time though I got lucky.  A white coat told dad not to worry. Apparently it happens often, but I would need a bag of the orange juice they call platelets. I can't really keep up with the different bags of juice.

I think dad has also found today a bit strange. The uniforms have been giving me the guey eye stuff lately for my sore red eyes.  I think dad needs some too.




1 comment:

  1. What an inspiring story told in such a beautiful, heart-wrenching way. Charley-Rose, Ed and I are sending you lots of love and kisses from down under and a big fat cuddle to your mum and dad too. I had no idea what you all were going through but you sound amazingly strong.
    All my love
    Giffs

    ReplyDelete