Friday, February 25, 2011

Departures

The next x 15 bit

So I had a bitter sweet day this week.  One of my new friends, Seamus (that's Irish and pronounced Shaymus), left the hotel.  Bitter because I will miss him dearly.  He is a real live wire and before I moved in, totally owned the place! He is a bit older than me, almost 4, and like me, was diagnosed with a variation of AML.  He had to stay in this hotel for 5months exactly.  Sweet, because he has left and won't need to come back for a long time.  Not that it is bad here, but he was really missing his brother and sister at home.


It was also sweet because the day he left, his mum and dad threw a leaving party in our playroom. There were loads of sweets, doughnuts and What's It's.  Mum and dad call them Flings.  Anyway, I had not eaten much for a few days, and these looked pretty good. Nothing really tastes the same to me, but these tasted SO good!  I ate them. I could have won a medal for eating them. Everybody was really impressed with me eating them. I think I ate too many though, because I did get sick later. Everything in moderation dad says. Like he's a fine one to talk. Maybe it's mum who says it.

Here are a few pictures of some of my friends here at the hotel.

 This is Bilal
 Seamus and his sister Rosheen
This is Sonny
Riley & his family
The What's It's / Flings

Anyway, after the party, we had a lady come in to do a music class with us. It was ROCKING! I will even load a video clip for you to see how cool it was. Elton John has nothing on me! Mum apparently studied theatre and drama at university. Clearly I got her genes for performing arts.  Apparently dad is not shy to get on stage either, but with less panache and more Grenache.
Maybe Elton John will come play for us?

Mum is forever telling dad that she is always right. I think I am starting to believe it. Remember the other day I thought she was mad about my hair falling out, well, yesterday and today that strange hair loss phenomenon got worse. In fact it was so bad, that it prompted some of the blue uniforms to tell mum and dad to shave my beautiful hair off.  It was not as bad as I thought.  Mum and dad are so loving.  Dad let me hold the hair clippers for a bit turning it on and off. It feels really funny when it's on. Then he and mum took turns pretending to shave their heads, and even shave Lamby! Mum then held me rather lovingly, and dad shaved.  I think some of you have seen the resulting picture on Facebook.  Here is another of yours truly.
Me, PeppaPig and a smackering of cup cake icing 

I have been feeling more like my normal self the last day or two.  I have been running around trying to state my authority in this place. Although I am not eating much, I at least feel like eating. Only problem is not much I do eat stays down long.  

I also want to give a big shout out to all who have sent in pictures of their paws. I have got plenty of "full house" feet, one "one toe short", a few dog paws and a couple of cat paws!  I am looking forward to seeing it all turned into wallpaper after I have my leaving party! Definitely loads of LOVE coming my way! I think it helps me get through each day.

Lots of LOVE,

Charley-Rose

3 comments:

  1. I think you look beautiful with your new hair cut. Love from Sonny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charley-Rose. We've never met, but me and my friend Stuart were getting to know your mum pretty well at her work, just before she slipped off to take you to the hotel.

    Everyone at my office is so pleased to see a picture of you and to hear you're feeling like your normal self again.

    All the best to you and all your family, Lucinda and Stuart (The Observatory)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Charley-Rose, happy you feeling as bit better and even managing to eat some FLINGS (they will always be Flings to us!)....once you have one it is pretty hard to stop, so dont worry about getting a bit sick afterwards! You carry on eating and getting stronger each day. Lots of love and a big hug to you and the family from Spargy

    ReplyDelete