Friday, March 4, 2011

Is no news really good news?

The next x 16 bit

So it has been about a week since I updated my little page.  I promise I have not been lazy.  I wish that were the case.  As the title questions, is no news always a sign of good news?  Right now, to me, it isn't.  Things really were on the up.  Last week Friday and Saturday I was almost back to my best. Running wild up and down the corridors, really stamping my authority on the place! Mum and dad did their swap over on the Friday, and Saturday dad and I just had a cool day together.  Dad wore his French rugby top again.  I think he wants me to support the French too as he was getting me to cheer and high five whenever the French scored.  Maybe I am French, because as the game played on, and the French were clearly losing, I started to get really irritable.  In fact, I felt as though my blood was boiling! Surely I am not such a staunch supporter of Les Bleus?


So by the time the rugby had finished, so was I.  Seriously, I was not a happy camper.  In fact, since Saturday late afternoon, I have been running a ridiculously high fever.  Mum and dad keep feeling my head and say I feel like a hot coal.  I know I am not a coal, but I am certainly very hot.

Being so hot has also made me feel quite sick.  Not that I want to eat much anyway, but even with the upside-down bottles which hang from the coat stand, I just can't seem to stomach much and end up getting sick.  Poor mum and dad.  They should open up a laundry business at this rate.  They seem to be quite good at cleaning my clothes, their clothes, my blankets and even poor old Lamby goes for regular "spins" dad calls it.  

The white coats have been spending quite a long time chatting with mum and dad the last few days.  Again, I must compliment the staff at the hotel.  They are very attentive about making sure the guests are alright.  They have been trying their best to get my forehead back to a cooler temperature.  It is clear that I have picked up an infection.  It's all got back to being nutropenic.  I know I should eat dad's ProNutro, but I just don;t want to eat anything!  I think the staff agree that ProNutro won't get me better, and they have been trying a whole lot of different antibiotics to cure this fever. Dad had posted a picture on his Facebook the other day.  I think they average tray of medication has about ten syringes which all seem to be on a four to six hourly cycle.  

Needless to say, it has been quite a while and still not much luck in getting me cool.  I think I am now up to five different antibiotics.  Each day that has passed, the white coats seem to get more and more interested in my temperature.  I quite like the attention as yesterday they gave me a treat and I got to go on an outing.

Dad and one of my blue uniform friends, Hannah, took me to a room I have been to before on the ground floor.  Dad has to wear a big thick, heavy coat and stand behind me.  Then, they take a picture with a very big, funny looking robot like camera.  I knew it was a camera or Hannah wouldn't have told me to say "cheese"! It must be from the olden days, as they could't show me the picture straight away like on mum or dad's camera.  I even got a sticker from the photographer.  It said, "I had an x-ray".

Anyway, I must have been really well behaved that day, because a bit later, mum took me on another outing.  This time, I went to the echo room.  Remember, the room which does not actually echo, but where they rub jelly on my tummy and listen to my heart drumming.

So that gives you a tiny glimpse of why no news is not always good news.  As I write this, I am feeling a teeny weeny bit better, but am still rather hot.  Apparently I am going for another photograph later today and maybe something called a CT Scan. 

I will try and post a little bit more this weekend.  Hopefully I am feeling better by then!

Charley-Rose,
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you little Charely. Great to see you on skype this week. Hopefully we can come and visit you in person next weekend (if you are feeling up to it). Liam can't wait to tell you all about Mickey and friends. Lots of love Team Ellis

    ReplyDelete